Do you find yourself in the awkward position of liking large displacement V-Twins, but you're NOT a dirtbag, or a racer-boy wannabe?? That certainly limits your options; it means:
- No pushrods, and exactly one carburator (or set of injectors) per intake valve, exactly one header per exhaust valve,
- Seven thousand RPM is fine, but twelve is a bit much,
- No clip-ons or rear-sets,
- Boost is cool, but only belt- or gear-driven blowers -- NO turbos,
- No high bars or forward controls,
- No shaft-drives or loud pipes,
- No elaborate paint jobs and little to no chrome.
This doesn't leave much: Older desmodromic and bevel-driven cam Ducatis, and the chain-drive XV920R Yamahas of the early '80s. We'll start with one of those.